my speakers do not work after installing windows 8, I have Asus A6VM any solution?

my speakers do not work after installing windows 8, I have Asus A6VM any solution? I have contacted the Asus support they cannot help. thanks

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 1,028 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
my speakers do not work after installing windows 8, I have Asus A6VM any solution? I have contacted the Asus support they cannot help. thanks

Install the proper audi device drivers for Windows 8 from the manufacturer of the audio device.  If ASUS (the maker of the motherboard that likely has the audio device built into it) cannot or has chosen not to support that particular board under Windows 8 - that is a valid choice for them.

Looks like the last OS they support that motherboard under was Windows Vista (32-bit only.)

You could download the 32-bit Windows Vista audio drivers and attempt to run them in compatibility mode.

You want the "AUDIO_RealTek_Vista32_070313.zip" file, extract it and run the setup.exe file by right-clicking on it and changing the properties so it runs like you were using Windows Vista.

Otherwise...  Visit RealTek and see if they have a driver for Windows 8 for that specific RealTek audio chip.

.-
Shenan Stanley
MVP 2005-2011 & 2013-2015
Insider MVP 2016-
.-

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.