My Documents, Pictures, Videos and Music folders are all not working

My Documents, Pictures, Videos and Music folders are all not working and I can't access the files and I didn't do anything to them but when I try and click them it says "music.library-ms is no longer working, the library can be safely deleted from your computer. Folders that have been included won't be affected". I understand they wont be affected but how am I supposed to get all my files back?
Answer
Answer

Hi Kwame,

I understand that you receive an error stating music.library-ms is no longer working.

Please Answer:

1) Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?

In the Libraries folder, you will notice that icons of folders have changed to something else. This clearly indicates that Windows 8 Libraries are no more working and corrupted.

To fix this, follow these steps:

a) Press Windows + E to open Windows Explorer and click Libraries.

b) Select all the libraries with which you are facing issue and select delete.

c) Click yes for confirmation.

d) After deleting, right click the Libraries icon in the left navigation pane and click Restore default libraries.

e) In first attempt, default icons were restored but if you are still unable to access Windows 8 libraries, delete and restore them again to get it back to working.

Note: Deleting a library does not delete the contents of the included folders. However, you may need to re-add or include your folders manually, if needed.

Regards,

25 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 23, 2024 Views 20,439 Applies to: