How do I stop Winodws 8 Music from going to a low volume when focus is lost?

When I'm playing Music through Windows 8 Music Metro App, it drops to about 20% volume when I do anything else on my system. For example, I'll start playing some Nightwish, go to view my Mail and the music will be at 20% volume.

The only way I seem to get it to work properly is if I snap the Music app to one of my monitors (I have three) and only use Desktop-based applications. If I touch any metro app except for Music, the music will drop to a low volume.

I have been running Windows 8 on my laptop (single screen) for a while now and do not encounter this problem. Could it be due to multiple monitors?

I'm really at a loss because the only other fault I have with the experience is not having a list of music being downloaded when you download something from Xbox Music - its almost perfect.
Answer
Answer
This was the first thing I tried, and it didn't change the behavior of the app.

However, I noticed there were updates available for the included apps and after applying the update to the Music app (I had to restart for the updates to apply, despite it not telling me to do so), the Music app no longer exhibited its tendency to decrease its volume when running in the background.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 21, 2019 Views 19,082 Applies to: