how do i import photos from my iphone onto my windows 8 laptop

i have an iphone 4s and i'm very frustrated on doing this. every time i try to import it to my windows 8 laptop it says "the device is unreachable". please help me as simple as possible thanks.

Question Info

Last updated August 20, 2019 Views 73,169 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Wesley,

I would like to ask these questions about this issue for a better understanding.

1)       Is the iPhone getting detected on your Windows 8 PC?

2)       Do you get any error message when you connect the iPhone with the PC?

3)       Is this the first time that you are facing this issue? If yes, then what are the recent changes that you have made to the computer prior to this issue?

If the iPhone is not detected on your Windows 8 computer, then that might be due to some driver issue. You may try the following methods and let’s know the results.

Method 1: Run the Hardware Troubleshooter

If iPhone is not detected on the computer, then let’s run the hardware troubleshooter and check the issue. The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which checks the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues and provides the details on how to fix them. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

a)       Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.

b)       Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.

c)       In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.

d)        Click on “Hardware and Devices”.

e)       Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

f)        Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

You may now try importing the photos to the computer. To do this, try the following method.

Method 2: Transfer Pictures from iPhone to your Windows 8 PC

a)       Connect the iPhone with your PC.

b)       As windows search for the device, you will see a notification on the screen asking “Tap to choose what happens with this device”. Click on this notification and you will be able to see three options: “Import photos and videos”, “Launch device to view the files” and “Take no action”.

c)       Click on the option “Import photos and videos”. This will open all the photos on your iPhone in Windows 8 photo app.

d)       Select the photos that you would like to import and then click on “Import” to start copying the selected photos.

e)       After importing all the photos, you may verify if it on the computer.

You may also refer to these articles:

iOS and iPod: Syncing photos using iTunes

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4236

iOS: How to transfer or sync content to your computer

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1296

Photos app for Windows: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/photos-app-faq

Please do get back to us if the issue still persists or if iPhone is still not detected on your computer.

Regards,
Rajesh Govind - Microsoft Support Engineer

9 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.