How Can I remain on one Window on Windows Photo Viewer?

Hi Im using windows 8 and the new photo program from windows 8 is annoying already.  

So I changed to the default back to Windows Photo Viewer.

Now here's the catch.

I have Multiple folders opened up which contains lots of photos.

I open a Photo from "Folder 1"
Windows Photo Viewer "Tab 1" comes up

Now I open a photo from "Folder 2"
Windows Photo Viewer "Tab 2" comes up

etc. 

With the old version of windows, I remember it was a lot smarter.  Even if I were to open multiple pictures from different sources it will only remain in WINDOWS PHOTO VIEWER "Tab 1", Then I can just press Left arrow or Right arrow to scroll thru the pictures I recently opened from my Folders.

Its getting heck of annoying working in the office with 20 tabs opened at the bottom. To get thru the samples.

Anyone out there smart enough, to change the program or have any ideas how can I reprogram Windows Photo Viewer to "STAY ON 1 WINDOW" at a time.

ps.  I know I can select multiple pictures from 1 "specific folder" while holding the Ctrl Key to open just X amount of pictures at a time.  But this wont work If i need to open "X" amount pictures in multiple different folders.

Cheers

Question Info

Last updated June 5, 2018 Views 409 Applies to:

Hi Wilton,

By design if you open photos from different folders in Windows Photo Viewer, it will open in different Windows. You can forward and backward photos in that particular folder.

Hope this information helps. If you need any further assistance or information on this issue, reply back to this post. I will be glad to help you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I high appreciate your offer into helping me with this question.  But I guess that didn't answer my question.  Or I guess Windows doesn't have that programmed or be performed in the way some people wanted to.  

Since you're in the support engineer department. Got some questions for you.

For instance,

I have 5 folders opened fill with pictures.

1. I click open a picture from folder number 1 > WPV Instance 1 pops up.
2. I then open another picture from folder number 3 > picture goes into WPV Instance 1
3. Picture from Folder 3 > Joins into WPV Instance 1 to "Create a Temporary Folder" containing the two pictures I selected from different folders.  ( Obviously, there should be a Tools/Properties option where I can enable/disable this function.)
4.  Self expository, opening more pictures from different folders > And all goes to WPV Instance 1 only.

Is this function doable?  Or is it in the program itself already. 

Thanks Bud

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.