Can use use photos app to set desktop background?

I really like the photos app in general as it fills the screen with the picture and allows you to scroll through with a simply key press but it enrages me that it seems to lack an ability to set that picture as a desktop background

Also this is NOT a question on how to set a picture as a background I know how to do that this is only about doing so with the photos app

I also have a second question if anyone would like to answer it

How can you set separate backgrounds on different monitors without downloading a third party program. I know older Windows didn't allow this but Windows 8 allows you to have different backgrounds if you use multiple photos and set it as "slide show", I would like to know how to set pictures as the background without doing slide show

Hi Garudin,

It’s great to know that you are using Windows 8 and thank you so much for posting this query in the Microsoft Community Forums!

You would like to know on how to set a picture as the desktop background from the Photo App and also on how to set separate pictures as backgrounds on different monitors connected to the computer without using any third party software.

We’ll not be able to set a picture as the desktop background from the Photo App. Since it isn’t possible to set the wallpaper from the photo app, you can leave a feedback within the app.

This can be done by pressing “Windows Logo” + “C”, clicking on “Settings” and then “Feedback”.

We will also not be able to set different pictures as backgrounds on different monitors connected to the computer.

Hope this answers your queries.

Thank you.

Regards,
Rajesh Govind - Microsoft Support Engineer

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 23, 2020 Views 415 Applies to: