All Metro Apps Using Windows 8 Don't Work

Hello, I'm running an Acer Aspire 5551 series laptop and I've upgraded to Windows 8 PRO with Media center. The graphics card that came with my laptop doesn't natively support Advanced OpenGL, so to deal with the lack of Windows 8 drivers for my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series Graphics card i had to resort to downloading AMD Vision Graphics engine to enable advanced OpenGL. But since that The Camera App displays "Sorry the camera app can't be used with this version of windows" then i can do nothing but close the app. I've tried reinstalling The camera app and nothing has change also the same message appears for any Metro app intending to use the Camera. Note; I also tried using a USB Camera the Logitech HD Webcam C525 and still nothing has changed.

If you need any extra information please reply to this thread and ill provide what your looking for to the best of my ability

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 505 Applies to:

Hi Tomas,

Thank you for posting the question on the Microsoft Community Forums.

From your issue description I understand that you are facing an issue with Camera Apps.

Follow the steps and check,

What to do if you have problems with an app.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

Also I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the latest version of graphic card drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check.

Click on the link to download the drivers.

Note: Select the correct Operating System to download and install the drivers.

http://support.amd.com/us/psearch/Pages/psearch.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.36;2.4.1.3.37;2.4.1.3.39;2.4.1.3.38;2.4.1.3.40&contentType=GPU+Download+Detail&ostype=Windows+8+-+32-Bit+Edition&keywords=&items=20

Refer to the link,

Camera app: Frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/camera-app-faq

This information should help. If you need further assistance regarding Windows, please post. We will be happy to help you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks You!

Everything seems to be fixed

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm so sorry but it seemed to work until i tried running the install wizard for the graphics driver but then i got a horrible Blue Screen Of Death i tried twice to run the installer

Sorry this didn't help.