Windows 8 wont turn off. Monitor goes blank and nothing happens.

I have a problem on my Windows 8

When i move mouse over bott-right corner, select Settings, Turn off, Turn off, it shows Shuting down screen for short time and then screen goes blank and pc wont turn of. Power leds stays on and all fans are running. Only thing i can do is unplug pc from wallet.

Any solutions? I have recently reinstalled Windows and formatted. I WILL NOT do that again.
Power leds stays on and all fans are running.

Typically this is a symptom of either hardware incompatibility or of a constantly running program which should be killed first.

First try using the  Shift-Restart  method of doing a  Shutdown, since just doing that sometimes shakes things up enough that it starts working properly again.  

Alternatively, or if that is still not getting a proper shutdown, instead of physically disconnecting power try pressing Ctrl-Alt-Delete to see if the Lock screen is still active.   If so, login as Administrator and get into Task Manager to see if something needs to be killed.

Also, I imagine there could be more details available about your problem shutdown in the Event log.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Problem was in that that I opened Network and sharing center and unticked to all adapters "Allow PC to turn off this device to save energy".

So please fix this problem and make update.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 372 Applies to: