Windows 8 refresh --stuck!!

After i "refresh" my win8 pc, the screen showed "refreshing... x%". after that, it just stuck at the screen. what can i do??

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you had performed Refresh in Windows 8 and the screen got stucked. Correct me if I am wrong.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will try to help you in fixing the issue.

To help you suggest more steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

1. Why did you perfrom Refresh?

2. What is the exact issue that you are facing in your computer?

3. What is the exact or complete error message?

4. Have you made any recent hardware or software changes to your computer prior to the issue?

5. What is the make and model of the computer?

Please follow the below steps and check the issue:

Step 1:

Boot the computer in Safe mode and check if the issue persists by following the below link.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode

If the issue does not persists in Safe Mode then perform a Clean boot.

Step 2:

You need to perform a Clean Boot to prevent any conflicting third party applications from interfering with your computer.

To place the computer in a Clean Boot state, you need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below and check with the issue.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: You need to follow Step 3 from the article mentioned above to get the computer back to Normal Startup after performing all the steps.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

In future if you come across any issues regarding Windows, please feel free to post your query here on Microsoft Community, we will be more than happy to assist you.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I press the power button to enforce it to shut down, and everything resumes ok. hopefully the hang of refreshing didn't make my computer down. anyway, thanks for your reply.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same thing.
I also did the force shutdown by pressing the power button.
My live tiles are not working properly.
They are not turning properly. The images are changed as in one changes without any effect like that of **pushing up/down/right/left** for changing.
tell me what to do??
Please.
sammy17gunner

Sorry this didn't help.

Sir,

I was performing refresh feauture in windows 8.1 to restore to default setting of windows.Actually by mistake I made some changes in the setting. So I tried refresh feature but it stucks at 95% and does not proceed and after waiting for more than half an hour when I tried to restart I got dual boot enteries in windows 8

Both enteries saying Windows8 on volume 2

Plz tell me how can I resolve it...

And why I am unable to use refresh image...

102 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 24, 2020 Views 21,917 Applies to: