Windows 8 programs and start menu keep randomly popping up help!

Ok so I have started a windows 8 program, I hide it and go to my desktop and use programs chrome etc. every few minutes that same program I hid keeps popping up, I close it and it keeps popping up for 3-5 times and then it goes away. Anyone know what causes this?
Answer
Answer
PROBLEM SOLVED (for me)!  I had this problem for the last week on my new computer.  Seemed like the 'start' button was continually being pressed.  Did you happen to have a wireless keyboard that you switched out for another that is still nearby your computer....like I did.  Turns out I forgot to pull the battery from my wireless keyboard and also didn't pull the usb for the remote communicator.  I tucked the keyboard on a shelf above the computer.  The 'Start' button got pressed against a book so it was always "pressed" and always communicating with the computer.  Just happened to realize this when I thought about trouble shooting with my original keyboard.  When I pulled it from the shelf, the problem stopped.  Hope this helps!

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 12, 2020 Views 22,210 Applies to: