Windows 8 is Stuck in high contrast mode

I just installed my new Windows 8 couple of days back and accidentally turned the high contrast mode. Now whatever I do I can not go back? Is anyone else having the same trouble? When I go to PC settings it lets me change the ON/OFF setting, the slider bar, but nothing happens.

I re-booted several times, changes those PC settings those many times but zilch! it is stuck in high contrast mode.

What should I do? any help/guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Mandar

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2019 Views 132,754 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

I have come up with a solution to your problem.  I accidently clicked and turned on high contrast.  When I clicked to turn it off, nothing changed.  I went online to chat with an online Microsoft representative.  A man remotely controlled my computer to fix the problem.  I know what to do.  Go to your start page, then click on desktop.  Once you get to your desktop, RIGHT CLICK on the screen.  A small box will open to the right of the pointer.  Click on PERSONALIZE.  Then click on the WINDOWS theme under the 3 default windows themes.  You will click on the one with the flower on it.  This will turn off you high contrast

Nathan McCloskey

221 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.