Windows 8 high disk usage caused by Tiworker.exe

Do I need this, what does it do? Can I remove it safely?
Answer
Answer
Hi Greg,

TiWorker.exe is Windows Modules Installer Worker. It is related to Windows Updates.

Method 1:
I would suggest you to run system and maintenance trobulshooter and see if that helps.

a) Press Windows key + W key on your desktop.
b) Write Troubleshooting in the search box on the upper right hand corner.
c) Select the Troubleshooting option obtained after the search.
d) Click on View All option present on the top left corner.
e) Select the System Maintenance.
f) Click on Next to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Method 2
: To resolve the issue with TiWorker.exe, check for updates in Windows Updates and install them.

a.     Click on the Windows + X keys and select Control Panel.

b.     Click on Windows Updates, in Large Icons View.

c.      In the left panel, click on Check for updates.

Method 3: Perform a Clean Boot to see if there is any software conflict as clean boot helps to eliminate software conflicts.

Note: Follow How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot from article KB929135 to reset the computer to normal mode.

For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/improve-pc-performance
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/improve-performance-optimizing-hard-drive

Note: This tool deletes unnecessary or temporary files on your hard drive so you can increase the amount of free storage space.

Do get back and let us know the status of the issue, I will be glad to help you further. We, at Microsoft strive towards excellence.

122 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Hi,

I would suggest you to run online virus scan to check if the issue is with virus.
http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for your suggestion, I use AVAST! Internet Security Pro(PAID) & it found 0 problems, my thinking is I have inadvertently deleted needed files from WinSxS folder which was stupid on my part as I know not to mess with system files not knowing what their purpose is, I'm sure I'm not the only one to do this but maybe the only one to admit it & not blame it on the OS, LOL. Anyway I had no other choice but to re-install from a clean drive so I took the opportunity to install W10 & I am so glad I did.

I think this is by far Microsoft's best OS to date, so many great user friendly features & navigate with ease, too many changes I like to list but I do particularly like how quick it loads, about same as any Android phone, & the Task View feature when working with multiple windows, I added a sidebar with my favourite gadgets which is Always on Top so other windows dock to it.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 31, 2021 Views 699,385 Applies to: