Windows 8 crashes after entering sleep mode

Hi, I just purchased an HP desktop computer (Envy 700-074) and the system crashes after entering sleep mode.  I've attached an image of the error message I've been receiving.  If you could help me resolve this problem that would be wonderful.  Thanks, --Paul

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 606 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have exact same PC, bought two days ago, crashed 12 times, with exact same BIOS errors in my dmp files.

Called HP tonight, they have no clue, taking it back to store tomorrow.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you very much for your post. I cannot seem to contact HP directly without owning an HP machine. If I do, I will need to pay $$$ for speaking to their tech support on the phone. I don't want to do that #1, and also because they like won't know what's going on just as you said. This is not a bash at HP, but I need to talk to the right people in regards to this and not the average tech support that work for HP, because they likely do not know. That's the problem though, who am I to them? I don't know how I can get into contact with the right people.

I posted on their forums and it has been escalated, although I still have no idea if anything will be brought to light.

Regards,

Patrick
Debugger/Reverse Engineer.

Sorry this didn't help.

Not sure if anyone is subscribed here anymore, but would anyone happen to have their service ticket # for when they contacted HP? If you don't have that, the serial # of the product you contacted HP for is fine too.

The reason I ask is because I have been in contact with HP about this issue and am closely working with them. I had been asked if it's possible to get service ticket #'s or serial #'s to speed up the process.

Regards,

Patrick

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Patrick,

I no longer have access to that information.  After getting the first HP (with the model number listed in my original post), and then getting the same model a second time, and then getting no help at all from HP, I went with an entirely different brand--Lenovo.  About the best info I can still provide is this: I contacted HP on two separate days, beginning with the day of my original post.  I contacted them both via phone and via HP online help.  I stayed on the online help for an hour at a time, and received no reply whatsoever, so yeah, that didn't work out well.  Further information that might be potentially helpful is that I got the HPs from the Best Buy in St. Cloud, Minnesota.

Finally, I'm replying to this thread because you, Patrick, were awesome help.  By contrast, there is nothing I can say positive about my experience with HP's service.  Lenovo's customer service was prompt and thoroughly helpful with a minor, different problem I encountered.  Best of luck, then, with sorting out this problem.

--Paul

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the reply, Paul. No worries about no service ticket # or model #. Glad to hear you've gotten everything worked out as well.

Regards,

Patrick

Sorry this didn't help.

OK. I have had the identical issue, including taking the first one back and getting a second one. From the same dealer (doubt that would be the issue). I am wondering if there is an incompatibility with the monitor (an LG in this case). Perhaps since it is only happening when it goes into sleep mode it could be sending a signal to the PC that is misinterpreted.  I have only gone thru the HP setup (username, preferences, etc) and downloaded the latest Norton library.  This is really something HP should be aware of and work on fixing.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

It's not an issue on your part, or an incompatibility with anything. It has been analyzed by myself and a fellow analyst and it's a BIOS related issue that HP needs to solve. I have been in contact with them for a few weeks now, but I have not been informed of a foreseeable solution. It has reached their escalation engineers (from what I've been told) but they don't have any systems to debug, evidently?

Do you have a ticket # or serial # for the product you're having an issue with so I can forward it to HP?

Regards,

Patrick

Sorry this didn't help.

There is no ticket number.  I have been online with HP tech Aziz Sultan, session ID 71 770 334. He advised me to reinstall the OP SYS, which I have done. Still getting the issue. I will mention to him that it seems to be a BIOS problem, as he said he would call back in an hour (after Windows 8 reloads).  Do you like your Lenovo? I am ready to shift to another brand also. 

Thanks, Judy

Sorry this didn't help.

OOPS, you are not the one buying a Lenovo.

Anyway, they did not give me a ticket number. 

The PC serial number is MXX 402071S..

Product number:  H5Q09AA#ABA

This PC is going back this afternoon. (the second one)

Thanks for all you do. The world needs more people like you!

Judy

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you Judy, you're a star! I will forward this information to HP. I've been told that if I can provide serial and case #'s, etc, it can expedite the process of a solution. I just don't understand how HP's own escalation team cannot acquire a few of this problem model PC and analyze it. I guess it's a bit more complicated than that internally within the company? I have no idea.

Regards,

Patrick

Sorry this didn't help.