Windows 7 side of Windows 8 with flakey recycle bin issues

My recycle bin seems to be acting up, whereby I try to empty bin and even with emptying 4.8GB it took almost 5 minutes to do it. Is that normal for a simple deletion session ?

thx

lee

Answer
Answer

Hi Lee,

Thank you for posting the issue on the Microsoft Community Forums.

Based on the description provided, it looks like you are facing a performance issue while deleting files from Recycle bin.

It would be great if you could answer this question in order to assist you further.

What do you mean by “Windows 7 side of Windows 8"?

This issue occurs due to performance settings or any due to any other application conflicts.

First, I would suggest you to run the System Maintenance troubleshooter and check.

Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a)    Press the ‘Windows + W’ key on the keyboard.
b)    Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.
c)    Select Troubleshooting. Click on view all and select System Maintenance.
d)    Click next and follow the on-screen instructions.

I would suggest you to perform clean boot and check if it’s due to any software conflicts.

Clean Boot will check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

How to troubleshoot problems using clean boot in Windows: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 

Note: Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in “
How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot “to reset computer as usual.

If you have any other questions or you need any other information about Windows, feel free to post your questions and we will be glad to help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 52 Applies to: