some times my Windows 8 shutdown unexpectedly

after one month of installing windows 8 my Toshiba p755 x64 shutdown unexpectedly

when I work on it the screens go black and the computer shutdown

some times do it three time and some times work for one week without any problem

and when the computer shutdown unexpectedly  I press the button to open it again then its start for one second (before load the windows) and shutdown again 
then I try to unplug the charger and re-plug, the computer work

please help me

Hi Naelghosheh,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. 

Based on your issue the description, I understand that computer unexpectedly shuts down.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. Not to worry, we will do our best to help you.

I would appreciate if you could answer the following question:

1.    Which antivirus application are you using?

2.    Do you receive any error messages?

Let’s follow these methods and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Except keyboard and mouse, disconnect all the external devices that are connected to the computer and check if the issue persists.

Method 2: Run the power troubleshooter.

Follow these steps:

a. Press the ‘Windows + W’ key on the keyboard.

b. Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press Enter.

c. Click “Find and fix problems” option from the list appeared in the left side.

d. Click system and security and run the power troubleshooter.

Method 3: Download and install updated drivers for your display adapter and check if it fixes the issue.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?moid=3132764&ct=DL&rpn=PSAY1U

Method 4:

Step 1: Let’s start your computer in safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer this link to start the computer in safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode

If it works fine in safe mode in, go to step 2.

Step 2: Perform clean boot.

Clean boot will help us identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

To do this, follow steps from this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

NOTE: After checking the functionality in clean boot, follow the suggestions under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot”.

Hope this helps. If the issue persists or if you have any Windows related queries please get back to us. We are happy to help you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

thank you for the fast reply

I will answer all the question step by step  

1.    Which antivirus application are you using?

no antivirus in my computer  

2.    Do you receive any error messages?

yes in event viewer

for example

Filter Manager failed to attach to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolume12'. This volume will be unavailable for filtering until a reboot. The final status was 0xC03A001C.

DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service ShellHWDetection with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:

{DD522ACC-F821-461A-A407-50B198B896DC}

A fatal alert was generated and sent to the remote endpoint. This may result in termination of the connection. The TLS protocol defined fatal error code is 51. The Windows SChannel error state is 900.

Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0x12DF9A394B0F. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

App Microsoft.Reader_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Microsoft.Reader did not launch within its allotted time.

Method 1: Except keyboard and mouse, disconnect all the external devices that are connected to the computer and check if the issue persists.

I don't have any devices connected to my laptop only Logitech wireless mouse and its run with low battery I don't know if this do the problem 

Method 2: Run the power troubleshooter

I was do it before  one week

Method 3: Download and install updated drivers for your display adapter and check if it fixes the issue

my laptop is up-to-date from Toshiba web  

Method 4:

usually the problem not come all the day some time

for example yesterday my computer do it three time 

today I work in my computer and every think is fine

that's mean when I go to safe mode my computer will work fine today because the problem not present all the time   

thank you in advance

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 8, 2019 Views 2,681 Applies to: