SLOW BROWSING USING FIREFOX OR IE ON WINDOWS 8.

I have a pre installed windows 8 on my ASUS PC. . Firefox and IE both take extremely long times to load any pages or they just don't load at all. Does anyone know how to fix this? And please don't tell me to do the troubleshooting with windows thing that has NEVER WORKED EVER! for ANYTHING! lol i am using Windows 8 home edition no add ons windows defender security/ only install windows updates and games that is it. Windows 7 on my laptop works just fine same network both wirelesss blah blah blah. I dont GET it ?! HELP me

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 2,519 Applies to:

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community forums.

I understand that Internet Explorer 10 and firefox is too slow in Windows 8 computer.

Let us the follow the method given below and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Try booting the computer in safe mode with networking and perform a clean boot.

Step 1: Perform Safe Mode with networking

Click the link and follow the steps “Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode with networking)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode

Check if you face the same issue in safe mode. If the issue doesn’t persists in safe mode, the place the computer in clean boot and check.

Step 2: Perform Clean Boot.

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows 8 by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Important: Reset the computer to start as usual.

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to boot to normal startup.

a)      Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.

b)      In the ‘Run’ windows type ’MSCONFIG’ and click ‘Ok’.

c)      On the ‘General’ tab, click the ‘Normal Startup’ option, and then click ‘OK’.

d)      When you are prompted to restart the computer, click ‘Restart’.

Method 2: Also try updating the Network adapter drivers.

a.       Press Windows Key + R, type devmgmt.msc.

b.      Expand the Network Adapters.

c.       Click on properties, click on Driver tab.

d.      Click Update Drivers button.

e.      Click on OK button.

Hope the information helps to fix the slow browsing issue in Internet Explorer and firefox. If you have any further queries, or any queries related to Windows, feel free to post. We will be glad to assist you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.