Scan drive for errors message - Windows 8

Hello Microsoft Community. I'm new to microsoft forums and i'm sorry if i'm unclear for my english. Last week i installed Advanced SystemCare free for optimization and i feel its a great freeware. However, yesterday i wanted to uninstall because i feel my laptop is still new and will not be needing that this time. After i uninstalled Advanced SystemCare free app, i got a message from Action Center saying "Scan drive for errors". After i click on that nothing happens. I tried several steps to solve but it won't work. I tried going to action center and Click on "Run Scan" besides the message "We found potential errors on a drive and need to scan it. You can keep using the drive during the scan". However, it does nothing after i clicked on "Run Scan". I also did try a manual "Error Scan" from my windows_(c:) partition properties but it found no errors. After all these didn't work i googled and try to find a solution. I found that someone faced a similar problem like me but they didn't confirm whether the recommended steps told by some ITexperts worked or not. I did what they recommend to do such as: chkdisk and sfc /scannow. For chkdisk i was told to do disk check on reboot by cmd and i did. It stuck for hours and hours at 27%. The sameway goes for sfc /scannow, after 100% verification completed nothing happens after so long. I'm really confused about this. I do weekly disk defragment to ensure my laptop harddrive run smoothly and scan using windows defender daily. Though its only a single message i received from action center, i'm really worried and the message annoys me in someway. I really hope someone can find a solution for this. Thanks :)

My laptop spech:
Lenovo Ideapad y400
Harddisk: 1TB Samsung Spinpoint
RAM: 8.00GB
CPU: Core i7-3630QM
GPU: nvidia GeForce GT750m GDDR5 2GB.
Answer
Answer

Hendri,

I would suggest you to refer to the link and try to refresh the computer:

How to restore, refresh, or reset your PC

<<http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc>>

How To Refresh Or Reset Your Windows 8 PC [Complete Guide]

<<http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/how-to-refresh-or-reset-your-windows-8-pc-complete-guide/>>

How To Restore And Reset Windows 8 To Factory Settings

<<http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-restore-and-reset-windows-8-to-factory-settings/>>

Note: Refreshing the computer will not delete not delete any of your personal files or change your settings. The apps that came with the computer or you installed from Windows Store will be reinstalled, but any apps you installed from other websites and DVDs will be removed. You'll find a list of the removed apps on your desktop after refreshing the computer.

`~`

The current time and date right now in Oregon, United States is

4:44 PM
Saturday, July 20, 2013
Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) -0700 UTC                                    

UTC/GMT is 23:44 on Saturday, July 20, 2013

Current Weather Conditions in Portland
Partly Cloudy74°F / 23°C

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 26, 2021 Views 5,195 Applies to: