Reg:"preparing to configure windows Do not turn off your computer"

i'm using dell inspiron14 labtop. windows 8 single language 64bit. i downloaded eset endpoint security antivirus. before using of temparary mcafee  antivirus software. atferthat downloaded eset antivirus then uninstall of mcafee. then system restarted & updating windows software. then after 1min back "preparing to configure windows Do not turn off your computer" screen. i dont know what to do?

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 137 Applies to:
Hi Karthik,

Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

This issue might occur if there are programs running on the background or some updates are still installing.

Step 1: I would suggest you to boot the computer into safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode

Step 2: If the issue is fixed in safe mode, then i would suggest you to perform clean boot and remove the program that is causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Follow How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot from article KB929135 to reset the computer to normal mode.

Do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help. We, at Microsoft strive towards excellence.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Dear sirs,

very helpful tips. windows destop open. but any application not running. because no connect internet service. so no active windows. please help to me my system problem

Thanks
karthikeyan paranjothy
karthikeyan paranjothy

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.