Problem Batch runner Unable to locate or run "install.cmd"

I get a message frequently - Problem Batch runner Unable to locate or run "indtall.cmd". Mine is a Windows 8 clean installation , not an upgrade. This problem is recent may be after several months of installation. Any solution? I am running Windows 8, clean installation. Problem is recent. It keeps popping up frequently and appears difficult to get rid of the message.
|

Hi Mahateja,

It would be great if you can provide me more information about this issue. Answer to these question for a better understanding of the issue:

1.       Are you using an application named “Batch Runner” on your computer? Is it compatible with Windows 8?

2.       When exactly are you getting this error message? Is it as soon as you start your Windows 8 computer?

3.       Is this the first time that you are getting this error? If yes, then what are the recent changes that you have made on the computer prior to this issue?

This issue might be either due to some issue with the Batch Runner application or it might be due to some software conflicts in the computer. So, if you have the Batch Runner program installed on your computer, then I would first suggest you to uninstall and reinstall it and then check if that helps. You may follow these methods:

Method 1: Uninstall and reinstall the Batch Runner application.

a)       Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard and select “Programs and Features” from that list.

b)       In the “Program and Features” window, search for the “Batch Runner” application from the program list.

c)       If it is present there, then select it and click on “Uninstall”.

d)       Follow the on-screen instructions and restart the computer, if prompted.

e)       Now, you may reinstall it using its CD or by downloading it from its manufacturer’s website.

After reinstall the application, check if you are still getting this error. If the error persists, then let’s check if it is caused by any software conflicts on the computer. For this let’s perform a clean boot and check the issue.

Method 2: Perform a Clean Boot and find out which application/service is causing this issue.

A clean boot helps to eliminate software conflicts and to determine what is causing the problem. Perform a clean boot on the computer by following the steps given in the link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Follow all the steps given in this link and try to figure out the application or service causing this issue.

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, refer to the article “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” for Windows 8, given under the section “More Information” to reset the computer to start as usual from the above link.

Hope this resolves the issue. If the issue persists, then it may be some error with the Batch Runner application. So, I would suggest you to get in touch with its technical support for further assistance on this.

Regards,
Rajesh Govind - Microsoft Support Engineer

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks, Clean Boot helps remove the problem. however, the same issue keeps coming back time and again. I need to clean boot everytime this happens. Could this be something to do with the free Commodo Firewall that is installed?

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

yes it is commodo that done it I have the same problem

nice info about clean boot

129 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem but in Win7, i get the message everytime i start the pc, can i use the same method?

Thanks

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Erick,

It would be best for you to post a new thread since this post was created many years ago. Many updates have been passed and the steps above is also not applicable in Windows 7.

To help you  resolve your concern, kindly create a new thread. You may refer to this link.

Rest assured, one of us will definitely look into this and take care of your concern.

Do let us know if you have any other questions.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have this problem as well, on every startup of my computer.

For me, the problem started occuring after my anti-virus flagged "Install.cmd" as an "IDP.Generic" virus a couple days ago and subsequently quarantined it.

I'm assuming this is where the problem lies. 
All I'm trying to figure out now is whether or not this might have been a false positive so I can just pull it out of the quarantine and see if that resolves the issue.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

For us to isolate and provide the best solution possible, we want to know more:

• Is your PC is running on Windows 8.
  • What anti-virus software are you using?

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

solve problem

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 30, 2021 Views 26,599 Applies to: