Pinnacle Studio HD Ultimate 15 & Windows Installer Problem

I had Pinnacle Studio HD Ultimate 15 installed with Windows 7 and it was working fine. At some point last year, every time I would start Studio, Windows Installer would open and try to complete the installation of Studio, which had been opening with no issues prior to this. UAC asks for permission to open Windows Installer and if I say no, Studio opens right up with no problems. I recently upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 8 and hoped that this might repair the Studio/Installer problem, which it didn't. I even uninstalled and reinstalled Studio, but the problem still exists. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Neil H

Hi Neil,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thanks for posting the question.

As per the description, Pinnacle Studio HD Ultimate 15 is not working in Windows 8.

This issue could occur if the program is not compatible with Windows 8. To resolve this, let’s install it in Windows 7 compatibility mode. Please follow the methods to fix the issue:

Method 1:

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Method 2: Install the game in Windows 7 compatibility mode:

a) Right-click on the setup file of the program and click on ‘properties’.

b) Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 7 operating system from the drop down.

c) Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Do let us know if you have any other queries pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help. We, at Microsoft strive towards excellence and provide our customers with the best support.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Neil,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thanks for posting the question.

As per the description, Pinnacle Studio HD Ultimate 15 is not working in Windows 8.

This issue could occur if the program is not compatible with Windows 8. To resolve this, let’s install it in Windows 7 compatibility mode. Please follow the methods to fix the issue:

Method 1:

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Method 2: Install the game in Windows 7 compatibility mode:

a) Right-click on the setup file of the program and click on ‘properties’.

b) Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 7 operating system from the drop down.

c) Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Do let us know if you have any other queries pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help. We, at Microsoft strive towards excellence and provide our customers with the best support.

I stated that I had the problem prior to upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8. Pinnacle Studio is not a game. This reply was of no value whatsoever.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hoibghnghnh

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 28, 2020 Views 6,091 Applies to: