New laptop is suddenly running slow: Windows 8

My laptop was working perfectly fine without any problems. One day I turned on my laptop and it said that my firewalls were turned off. I found this strange and tried to turn windows defender firewall on, but every time I tried nothing would happen. Then I started to get notifications that my McAfee firewall was turned off. My laptop came with a trial of McAfee but I don't use it anymore, I have Avast antivirus. After these notifications appeared about 3 or 4 times, my laptop then started to run slow. Google chrome will not open, task manager is unresponsive, in fact the computer just randomly shut downs saying "An error has occurred" or it'll just freeze saying its unresponsive. All of this happened spontaneously. Now it'll always run slow or just freeze, but when it for some reason doesn't run slow or shutdown, it'll work fine for a short period of time then freeze. The laptop is about 3 months old and has Windows 8. I've also tried many times to reboot the computer, but it becomes unresponsive while rebooting.
My only guess to how this could have happened is that there is some sort of virus, since the antivirus's and the firewalls have been giving me notifications. I've also tried performing full system scans, but the computer just becomes unresponsive and stops at 1%. 
Answer
Answer
Hi ChadYT. I was wondering if you sorted this out? Thanks. Lz.
Cheers | Lz. (GMT +1)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 13, 2020 Views 19,130 Applies to: