Question

Q: Microsoft visual c++ runtime Library won't open Wordperfect

I can't find any answers that have worked.  I installed wordperfect x6 and I use Windows 8.  When I try to open WP, the Runtime error shows up and says that "the application has requested Runtime to terminate in an unusual way." Don't know why and can't find any answers, so I am hoping someone on here can help me.

Hi Brittany,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft Community!

After going through your post, it appears that you have an issue with WordPerfect x6 performance. However, in order to guide you in the right direction; I will need some more information. Please help me by answering the questions mentioned below.

1.      Do face any issue with any other program?

2.      Which antivirus are you using on your computer?

3.      Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

In-order to fix the WordPerfect x6 performance issue, you can try the following.

Keep the computer in clean boot and check the issue status.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Please go through step 3 of the Kb to keep the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Try the above method, if the issue still persists, please reply with more information.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Right click on your WordPerfect icon and select "Open File Location"...

Then right click on the file that is highlighted and select Properties...

Click on the Compatibility Tab at the top, and then check the "Compatibility Mode" check box...

Select Win 7 from the dropdown list....

If this doesn't help, further down there is a check box to "Run As Administrator"

I was able to get WordPerfect 12 to work this way...

It required that I use XP SP3 compatibility, and Run As Administrator.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem. I'm also running Windows 8 and trying to run Wordperfect x6 and get the
Runtime error, "the application has requested Runtime to terminate in an unusual way." I get the same error when attempting to start Quattro and Presentations as well. I've done a "clean boot" and tried it with the same results.

Sorry this didn't help.

I just ran into this problem on a Surface Pro 2 running 8.1 and discovered the answer at this website.

Using the directions there here's what I did:

Go into the directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\WordPerfect Office X6\Programs\Skins\WordPerfect

and either delete or rename the file Splash.png

then start your WordPerfect program

it should run

when you close it you should get a program update

That update should fix all the programs in WordPerfect Office X6.

If you don't get the update you should go to Corel to get it. But in the meantime you can perform the same actions in each of the programs subdirectory under Skins.

Sorry this didn't help.

1 person was helped by this reply

Didn't help 8/22/2015 but Service Pack 1, Service Pack 2 and Service Pack 2 Hotfix, will make WordPerfect suite flow like warm butter. All good for X6 and should be an easy upgrade to X7.

Sorry this didn't help.

Works for Windows 10 as well.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 2,530 Last updated: June 1, 2018 Applies to: