Media Center flashes to black screen when mc is full screen only.

I have win8 with media center on CI3 with Gbyte GT610 installed.  Randomly when media center is full screen,(only in full screen) the display flashes black.  This can happen at any frequency from 1 per second to 1 per minute.  IT is random.  When the MC is windowed it stops.    I have the latest drivers installed.  Have removed and reinstalled MC.  Removed and reinstalled the Video card.  It only happens when the computer is full screen on MC.  I have disabled screen saver, power management blanking screen, display brightness auto control.  I have my tv adjusted to turn off the over scan cropping so my computer desk top fits the screen.  Any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 1,421 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Alan,

I appreciate your efforts to resolve the issue.

Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

Please follow the methods to fix the appearance issue on Windows media center:

Method 1: Change to best appearance setting

a) Press Windows key + Pause/Break key
b) Select Advanced System Settings

c) Click on Advanced Tab

d) Hit Settings button in Performance box

e)  Choose "Adjust best appearance"

f) Hit OK.

Method 2:  Let’s perform SFC Scan on the computer and check for any missing or corrupted system files.

a. Press Windows Key + Qto open Charms Bar.

b. Type “cmd” without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the cmd option and select Run as Administrator”.

d. Type sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

Note: It may ask for windows installation DVD to fix and to enable SFC to make more than minor repairs. Some files saved on your computer might get deleted when fixing corrupted files.

Method 3: Place the computer in clean boot to find out the cause of the issue:

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: When the troubleshooting is over do not forget to reset the computer to normal startup.

Do let us know if you have any other queries pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help. We, at Microsoft strive towards excellence and provide our customers with the best support.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.