Lenovo Yoga 13 on-screen keyboard sound issue

When I use the on-screen keyboard in tablet mode the "pop" sound is only made intermittently as I press different keys. Most of the time the first few keys I press make the sound and then after that the keyboard is silent as I continue to type. The "play key sounds as I type" option is "on" in General PC Settings. Otherwise the keyboard works fine, but it's quite annoying for the sound to be produced from some of the keystrokes and then not from others. What can I do to fix this? Thanks.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

From your issue description, I understand that the keyboard sound on your computer works only for some of the keystrokes and not always.

I would suggest you to contact Lenovo Support for further assistance.

You may even check if there are any options for the touchpad sound.

For any other windows related issue, reply to us and we will be happy to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

When I use the on-screen keyboard in tablet mode the "pop" sound is only made intermittently as I press different keys. Most of the time the first few keys I press make the sound and then after that the keyboard is silent as I continue to type. The "play key sounds as I type" option is "on" in General PC Settings. Otherwise the keyboard works fine, but it's quite annoying for the sound to be produced from some of the keystrokes and then not from others. What can I do to fix this? Thanks.
In fact the pop sound is very low exept when you type quickly. I have solved this issue by uninstalling the Conexant audio drivers.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

In fact the pop sound is very low exept when you type quickly. I have solved this issue by uninstalling the Conexant audio drivers.

Any adverse problems for uninstalling the drivers?  I would love to get the keyboard sounds at a normal level.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It's my wife's laptop so I don't use it anymore, but I haven't notice any adverse problem... You should try and reinstall it if you got a problem...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 26, 2018 Views 891 Applies to: