laptop startup error screen freezes at first screen, Toshiba screen

I have a Toshiba Satellite C875-S7303.  The first time in the day that I try to turn it on, it freezes at the first screen, a black screen with red wordings and has the word Toshiba on it.  I think it started when I installed an update that told me to press F2 then F9 (if I remember correctly) at the startup, but nothing happened when I pressed F2.  So now my laptop freezes at the startup screen once in a while.  I don't want to keep turning it off with the power button, I'm scared doing that might ruin the laptop.  But I'm not exactly sure what is causing this.  Can any computer guru please explain to me and help me out?  

Looks like your computer is hung up in the BIOS.  See the following site for possible fix:

http://www.ehow.com/how_6961082_reset-bios-toshiba-satellite.html

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Tried that and my laptop just froze when I first turned it on.  Any idea why? When I go to my computer's Startup and Recovery section and click on the variables, I see temperature there.  Do you think the laptop is too cold and freezes while turn on? But it doesn't explain how it always work after I turn it off and turn it on again, the temperature basically stayed the same.   

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Temperature has nothing to do with it.  Did it have Windows 8 in it when you bought it or did you upgrade.

How long did you have this laptop and when exactly did the problem start, I know you mentioned something about update.  Try to get into Windows Restore through Action Center and select a restore point before the problem started.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Windows 8 came with the laptop, I bought it on Black Friday last year.  I think problem started around mid January.  I'll look into Windows Restore, not exactly sure what that does.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Windows Restore restores your computer system files to an earlier point in time.  The following link may answer your question.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/What-is-System-Restore

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 18, 2022 Views 6,711 Applies to: