Laptop having problems with my graphic tablet. (Windows 8 vs. Adesso Cybertablet M14)

I currently have an HP Notebook 2000 PC with windows 8, and an Adesso Cybertablet M14. The problem is that when I go to use my tablet, the pressure sensitivity doesn't work. When I went to find the pressure manager, it was nowhere to be found! I've tried to uninstall and re-install multiple times, as well as updating the drivers just in case. The issue is that no matter what I try, the pressure doesn't work. It seems like the computer is just reading it as a mouse. A strange fact is that when I uninstall the drivers for my tablet completely, my laptop still detects it and still allows the tablet to work (without pen pressure still).
The tablet as an individual works fine, I know that for sure since it works fine on my desktop. But on my desktop, I can actually access the setting of my tablet from the Control Panel, while I cannot on my laptop. While my laptop does have a tablet setting there, it is not for my Adesso.
We've tried going to Devices and Printers to locate the Tablet, but to no avail.

We don't know what to do next. Help please! I would like to get back to making art as soon as possible!

If you need additional information, contact me at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***
|

Hi Katelynn,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community and we are glad that you have chosen Windows 8.

As per the description, the pressure sensitivity doesn't work does not work on the Adesso CyberTablet M14 device connected to your Windows 8 computer and you are unable to access the Pressure Manager to change the settings of the device. Please let me know, if I got it wrong.

I would like to have more information about this issue.

1)       How did you install the drivers for this device? Was it downloaded and installed from the Adesso website or was it automatically loaded by Windows 8 as soon as it was connected?

2)       What is the device status shown in the Device Manager?

You can open the Device Manager by following these steps:

a)       Press “Windows Logo” + “X”.

b)       Click on “Device Manager”.

The Windows Compatibility Center shows that the Adesso CyberTablet M14 is compatible with Windows 8 and also all the Windows 8 necessary drivers and software are available in the Adesso website.

For this issue let’s first run the Hardware troubleshooter and check if that helps. If troubleshooter is not able to find any issue,   then let’s uninstall the existing drivers from the computer and install the latest drivers from the Adesso website.

Follow these methods and check if that helps.

Method 1: Run the Hardware Troubleshooter

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

a)       Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.

b)       Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.

c)       In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.

d)        Click on “Hardware and Devices”.

e)       Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

f)        Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Method 2: Install the latest drivers for the device.

You can try running the Windows Update and check if there are any driver updates available. Windows Update can automatically download and install recommended updates. Installing any important, recommended, and optional updates can update system features and other software that might help fix many driver issues.

To run the Windows updates, try these steps:

a)       Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys to search Settings.

b)       Type “Windows Updates” in the search bar and press “Enter” on the keyboard.

c)       Click on “Check for updates” and follow the on-screen instructions to download and install all the updates available.

If you are unable to find any driver updates after running the Windows updates, then try reinstalling the drivers and related software from the driver CD that you might have received with the laptop or download and install it from the manufacturer’s website. You can download the drivers and the necessary software from this link:

http://www.adesso.com/en/section-blog/92-tablet/447-tablet-faq-list.html

You can also check these links for reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/hardware-drivers-help#hardware-drivers-help=windows-8

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-device-isnt-installed-properly

Hope this information is helpful. Feel free to get back to us if the issue persists or if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Regards,
Rajesh Govind - Microsoft Support Engineer

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm having a similar problem, with an Adesso Cybertablet z12. I got it because I love how it works on my girlfriend's laptop, which is a windows 7, but I can't get the pressure sensitivity to work at all on my windows 8 laptop. I've installed the driver both online and from the disc, but it won't work. I tried running the troubleshooting and such, but my computer thinks the tablet is working just fine. Also, the tablet FAQ link you provided is broken.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having a similar problem, with an Adesso Cybertablet z12. I got it because I love how it works on my girlfriend's laptop, which is a windows 7, but I can't get the pressure sensitivity to work at all on my windows 8 laptop. I've installed the driver both online and from the disc, but it won't work. I tried running the troubleshooting and such, but my computer thinks the tablet is working just fine. Also, the tablet FAQ link you provided is broken.

I think the link may be this one:

http://www.adesso.com/faq/faq_info.php?id=13&typeid=25

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for posting your query on this forum. We are glad to assist you with this issue.

The Adesso website shows that the Adesso CyberTablet Z12 -10 x 6.25 Slim Graphics Tablet is compatible with Windows® 8/ 7/ Vista/ XP/ 2000 Mac® OS X. You may find the details from this link: Adesso CyberTablet Z12 -10 x 6.25 Slim Graphics Tablet – Product Details

Please use the link given by “EddieBrunt” in the previous post to access the Adesso CyberTablet Z12 Ultra Slim Graphics Tablet FAQ page and then try downloading and installing the appropriate driver for Windows from that page and check if that resolves the issue.

Hope this is helpful. Please get back to us with the result.
Regards,

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Eddie,

Thank you so much for sharing the correct link with us and I really appreciate it. This will be helpful for many others facing similar issues on this forum.

If you need any assistance with Windows Operating System, please post your query on Microsoft Community Forums and we’ll be glad to assist you with it.
Regards,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 30, 2019 Views 3,952 Applies to: