I keep having issues with IE shutting down with Windows 8 and now the pin it section is gone what can I do to fix this?

I've been experiencing problems with Internet Explorer and my Windows 8 computer, it keeps coming up an error that it has stopped working and needs to shut down.  Now I no longer have the convenient pin it section that was at the bottom of the screen that made it easy to bookmark pages that I frequented online.  Can you tell me if this is an issue with IE or Windows 8 or both and what is a solution for the problem to get back to prime usage of my computer which is only about 6 months old.  Thanks for your help
I no longer have the convenient pin it section that was at the bottom of the screen that made it easy to bookmark pages that I frequented online.

Assuming you are referring to Modern UI Fullscreen IE's Address bar and its tool icons how you are trying to show that?   And what hardware do you have to do it?   Right-click with a mouse?  Win-Z with a keyboard?  Swipe down with Touch?   F4 Esc seems to do it too.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 34 Applies to: