Exception Code (c0000005) - causing app crashes

Hi,

I've only had my laptop a few days but already I'm getting problems with app crashes (Exception Code (c0000005).  I've no idea what this means not being tech-savvy, but it's disrupting several functions... including by IObit Advanced System Care utility which I thought was supposed to take care of all this stuff!

Anyway, sometimes an error message pops up, sometimes not.  I've had to do a system refresh once because early on all my tiles disappeared.

I'd really appreciate any assistance on how to get rid of these errors for good so I can actually use Windows to do something useful. rather than deal with endless problems.

I've done a disk check and an SFC scannow which, apart from using the IObit software above, is about the limit of my capabilities!

Pete  

|
Answer
Answer

Hi Pete,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description, you are facing issues with apps which are crashing and receiving error code c0000005. I would definitely help you to fix the issue with apps you are facing.

In order to provide you with a quick resolution, please reply to these questions:

1.       What is the complete error message?

2.       Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?

However, I’m glad to provide you with these methods which will help you to troubleshoot the issue.

Method 1: Download and run the New UI App troubleshooter and check.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

Method 2: You may follow steps from the article mentioned below and check if that works.

What to do if you have problems with an app

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

If you need further assistance on any issues related to Windows, please reply and we will be happy to help you.

127 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 14, 2021 Views 118,310 Applies to: