Error Code 0xc0000034 After Hibernation

My wife's HP Pavilion laptop has been running Windows 8 perfectly fine (except for the screen resolution) since she installed it two weeks ago; however, early this morning she took her computer out of hibernation mode and received a Error Code 0xc0000034 and has attempted to refresh and automatic repair her computer with no resolution.  Does anyone happen to have a resolution for this problem?  Windows 8 is working well on my computer except for some crazy apps that I don't recall downloading.  She had VIsta as her factory installed OS and just wants her computer back.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up the issue on Microsoft Community!

I see this could be because of Windows pending updates which cause the error after you started the Laptop or if you restart it.

Q. What is the current screen resolution of your computer?

As a Method of troubleshooting, I would suggest you to check the updates history to see if there are any updates that have a failed status and let me know the description of those updates.

Method 1:

Step 1: Press “Windows key + W”.

Step 2: Choose control Panel.

Step 3: Type in Windows updates in the search box.

Step 4: Choose the option View update history.

Step 5: Check for the failed updates.

If there are any failed updates install them again.

Method 2: create power plan

Step 1:  Press “Windows key + W”.

Step 2: Choose control Panel.

Step 3: Type in Power in the search box.

Step 4: In the left panes choose create power plan.

Step 5: Choose power plan option according to you.

Give this a go; I’m confident you will find what you need here. But if you face any further issue please reply to this post and we'll be happy to assist you further.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same problem its just that my windows does not start, every time i try to start i get Error Code 0xc0000034.

I have been trying to fix this with the windows 8 installation files by reparing and everything but nothing works.

What I did to aget this error was install tc electronics konnekt 8 drivers for audio and then it crashed and never booted again.

I tried typing "Bootrec /RebuldBCD" i nthe command prompt but it tells me it found 0 windows installations. I have an SSD drive.

Any more thoughts?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I also have the same problem. It happened to me two days back. The PC did not start after hibernation. I tried refreshing using the installation disc. But I am not able to get any results. My PC is still unbootable. It shows error code 0xc0000034

I am trying to browse net finding out what to do next. All the websites gives steps that can be done from a running Win 8 only. Nobody tells how to get the PC start again

I need help

D.BALAJI

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 1,821 Applies to: