Chrome help center and windows help center keep popping up

I have been using windows 8 normally, but last couple of days in Chrome the help center keeps opening up and doesn't let me get off of it. Above all that windows help centers keeps popping up too, plus windows explorer keeps opening too. I try to Alt-CTRL-DEL and open Task Manager, but it closes the second it opens. Last of all it keeps writing 1 anywhere I could write. It doesn't happen always but from time to time it does. F1 key might be stuck and the 1 key, but they don't look like it. I live in Puerto Rico and there is high humidity here and I have heard that can make the keys go wild like that. I ran windows defender and found nothing, and used cmd sfc /scannow and I really don't know what to do with that. Suggestions are welcomed please help.
Sounds like hardware keyboard controller to me.
Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet: @CmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

If that could be the problem, how do I check? and how could I fix it?

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well if it was a PC I'd say try another keyboard to see, but if it's a laptop there's probably not much you can do on that front. 

Just to be sure though, you could boot into safe mode and see if the problem happens here. If not, then it will mean it's not hardware but actually a software problem/virus/etc.  But if it's still a problem in safe mode, then it will point more heavily to a keyboard problem.

To get into Safe Mode on Windows 8, hold Shift while you choose the restart option from the power menu.

Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet: @CmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I booted into safe mode and problem persisted, I bought it on Ebay less than a year ago new. Let's see if Asus will fix this. If they don't do anything, I'll take it to geek squad or something.

Thank you for your time

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No problem, sorry to hear about it.  Maybe a good blowing with a can of compressed air will help it out, but if it's a humidity problem maybe not.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 23, 2024 Views 9,157 Applies to: