Cant access Windows 8 Apps Store on Admin account Desktop apps run fine

HI i recently got an Asus s200e netbook.I ran into problems from day one couldnt use Windows Update now that i got that fixed I ran into another problem I cant access the Windows 8 Apps / Store through my main account.When i click on it the animattion just shows but doesnt launch.Desktop apps however work fine,I was able to run the metro apps using another account admin.
How am i able to fix my main account so that I can use the windows store ? is there a setting that stopped it working? 
Also on the other account that works whenever i download and install an app from the Windows store it takes a really long time to install.
For a small app like Comic book viewer it takes 5 mins to install.There is nothing wrong with my connection im on a 20 Mbit cable connection and on my other comp that has windows 8 pro it only takes a few seconds to install the app.I dont think the reason it takes so long because of my cpu since the cpu level wasnt high and it wasnt using much resources. Like i mentioned earlier I had problems with Windows Update , where it didnt install I fixed it now however the update process takes a really long time to complete as well
Could someone help me fix these problems ? - Please ask me if im not clear with my question or for further details
Answer
Answer

Hi,

I understand that some of the apps are not working on your Windows 8 computer.

1. Have you made any recent changes on the computer prior to this issue? If yes, what were those changes?
2. Are you able to connect to the Internet from your computer using Internet Explorer 10?

Let’s try out some basic troubleshooting steps and check the issue. Let’s first check try running the App Troubleshooter and check if that resolves the issue.

Method 1: Run the Apps Troubleshooter

Let’s first run the Apps Troubleshooter and check if that helps. The Apps Troubleshooter is an automated tool which we have developed to address a number of known issues that can prevent the Apps from running properly. This troubleshooter automatically fixes some issues, including suboptimal screen resolution, incorrect security or account settings etc. You can click on this link to download and run the Apps troubleshooter.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

For more information, you may also refer the article: “What to do if you have problems with an app” from this link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

If the troubleshooter was not able to find and fix the issue, then let’s check if you are using a proxy Internet Connection.

Method 2: Reset store cache

a)Right Click the Start screen (bottom left hand corner)
b)Click "Run"
c)Type: "WSReset.exe" and hit enter

Method 3: Temporarily disable the third party security program. (If you have installed any)

If you have installed any third party security program, then I request you to contact its technical support to temporarily disable the program and then check the issue.

Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Method 4:

We can perform a clean boot on the computer to check if the issue is caused by any software conflicts. A clean boot helps to eliminate software conflicts and to determine what is causing the problem.

Perform a clean boot on the computer by following the steps given in the link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Important: Reset the computer to start as usual.

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to boot to normal startup.

a) Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.
b) In the ‘Run’ windows type ’MSCONFIG’ and click ‘Ok’.
c) On the ‘General’ tab, click the ‘Normal Startup’ option, and then click ‘OK’.
d) When you are prompted to restart the computer, click ‘Restart’.

Hope this helps. If you face any Windows issues in future, let us know and we would be glad to assist you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 3, 2019 Views 1,680 Applies to: