Can you please help whomever came up with Windows 8 to seek an inpatient rehab program as clearly they are suffering from a crack addition?

Please make an update to disable the Romper Room desktop screen and give me back my Start menu!     :(

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:
There are third party apps that will do that.  Stardock.com has one.  MS isnt going to change the way the OS works
Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks.  Downloading and installing one of those was the first thing I did, within 20 minutes of computer set-up.  I would put money on the fact that MS WILL change it and give an option to choose the classic desktop complete with start menu button. The fact that there is none now is so completely counter-intuitive, thus the original suggestion for its creator to seek help for drug addiction.   I should not have spend my time and energy researching and downloading a third-party app to replace an essential navigational feature.  There has been and will continue to be backlash on this blunder of an OS.  Not everyone has or wants a tablet, which this OS was obviously designed for.  I'm just sorry I didn't advise my boss to purchase the three new computers for our office BEFORE the Windows 8 release. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.