acer aspire one netbook with 2gb ram. asked for 64-bit windows 8 but it is running in 32-bit and does not allow activation of apps. que pasa? and how to get 64-bit and apps activated, please?

this acer aspire one came with 1gb ram and windows 7 running in 32-bit. upgraded  to 2gb and windows 8 looking to run in 64-bit. auto install went to 32-bit and does not allow apps to activate because "resolution below threshold" but is set for 1280 x 1080 whatever (above threshold). how to get 64-bit and working apps. cannot get the gamespackage to play freecell and hearts.... 

Question Info

Last updated December 28, 2018 Views 869 Applies to:

If you make an upgrade from a 32bit system you get upgraded to a 32bit system. There is no other way with a direct upgrade.

64bit wouldn't have any advantage for you, anyway.

The Modern UI requires a resolution of 1024x768, not more, unless you want to snap apps.

--
FAQs für IE/Edge: https://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/ie/forum/ie11-iewindows_10/wo-sind-die-faqs-hier/11609262-76d9-4143-b2a0-6d2c8ab35cfc (Dies ist eine Signatur.)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I can't answer your 'apps' problem because I can't get all apps to work on my own system, regardless of what I try.

Re 64-bit Windows, it needs 2gb or more, not 2gb less video. Stick with 32-bit Windows. It will work better for you..

Windows 10 Pro - Start10 - part of a local network which is a '3rd party optimizer-free' zone..

Sorry this didn't help.

I can't answer your 'apps' problem because I can't get all apps to work on my own system, regardless of what I try.

Re 64-bit Windows, it needs 2gb or more, not 2gb less video. Stick with 32-bit Windows. It will work better for you..

Thanks Mike

Windows 8 Pro 32-bit, Acer Aspire One 533 with 2gB RAM.

Sorry this didn't help.