8004E00F-COM+ unable to talk to Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator
Hello ALL -
The posted error message occurs when looking for system performance info in Computer Management.
I'm using a brand-new Lenovo 410p labtop, Windows 8 OS; no heavy weight application has been added. Up until now, the Windows 8 errors have been the only things I have "enjoyed" on a laptop that I've had for 3 days. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
The Windows error messages are as follows:
- 8004E00F-COM+ unable to talk to Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator
- Trying to generate System Health Report Property Value Conflict
- A MS DTC component has encountered an internal error. The process is being terminated. Error Specifics: DtcSystemShutdown (com\complus\dtc\dtc\msdtc\src\msdtc.cpp@2485): Shutting down with an error
- Could not start the MS DTC Transaction Manager
- The MMC console shut down
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
- Press Windows key and the
R key to open the Run prompt and type Regedit.exe and press enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSDTC.
- Right click on TurnOffRpcSecurity and select Modify. Add value 1.
- In the Run prompt, type Services.msc and locate Distributed Transaction Coordinator.
Right click on it and select Stop
- Right click on the Service and then select properties. Click on the Log On tab.
- Change the Log on account back to NT Authority\NetworkService
- Just type NT Authority\NetworkService
- the Password is blank.
- Click Apply and Ok
- Start Distributed Transaction Coordinator service.
Restart the computer and check if you still experience the issue.