Windows 8 Metro Apps Connection Error persists even after trying everything

I am aware that this question has been asked numerous times, but I am truly disappointed that there is no single working solution yet.

My problem, as I'm sure of many others, is that my Metro UI Apps do not connect to the internet.
(This problem is not restricted to a certain app, it affects each and every app that tries to access the web)
Live tiles on the start screen, however, update just fine.

I'm going to list the solutions I've already tried so that it is easier to eliminate false responses.

1. Refreshing Windows.
2. Running the famous App troubleshooter which does not seem to do much. (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=268423)
3. Disabling proxy settings - which were never turned on in the first place
4. Disabling/Removing my antivirus. Even tried after disabling my windows firewall once
Running the SFC scan using Command Prompt
6. Updated the display driver
7. All my apps were up to date before I lost internet connection. Now obviously, they're not. (Store tile shows updates for 13 apps)
8. Switched to a local account and now I can't go back to my Windows account (because I'm guessing the settings can't access internet either)
- I got back onto my Windows account using Fiddler (Number 11).
Clearing the cache from Windows store
10. Deleting the edb.log file and any other edbXXXXX#.log files from the AppRepository folder
11. Using Fiddler. Now Fiddler is the only option that even remotely worked. It worked for the first few days with the Loopback Exemption Utility but for some reason, it would only show 5 of my total number of apps. When Fiddler is running, the store doesn't say that it is not connected to the internet, except it just keeps on loading to no avail. (Similarly all other apps do not say they are not connected to the internet, rather just keep on loading)
12. I'm going to try the safe mode with networking option and turning off services one by one now. (Will update if it helps)

13. I've also tried a lot of other solutions, but since this problem has now persisted for a while, have forgotten quite a few of them.

As for the answer to the following questions:

1. Does the issue occur with all metro apps? - Yes
2. Did you make any changes in the computer prior to the issue? - Not that I am particularly aware of
3. What is the make and model number of the computer? - Asus Zenbook Prime UX31A
4. Which anti-virus Software are you using? - No third party softwares. Windows defender and firewall
5. Is UAC enabled? - Yes

Can someone please respond with a working alternative? At this point, I - as I'm sure others, will be ecstatic!
I've recommended Windows 8 to countless people. I really am satisfied by the performance boost from Win 7, but this metro apps problem is really bothering me. Please help!

Many Thanks.

P.S. Furthermore, my event log shows errors of the following category: (Including just 1 of many)

Log Name:      Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell
Date:          4/10/2013 7:10:31 PM
Event ID:      2095
Task Category: (2036)
Level:         Error
Keywords:     
User:          Zenbook-Prime\Aatir's Zenbook
Computer:      Zenbook-Prime
Description:
The description for Event ID 2095 from source Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

BellMedia.TSN_mz4hy22j6nth0!App

The message id for the desired message could not be found

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell" Guid="{315A8872-923E-4EA2-9889-33CD4754BF64}" />
    <EventID>2095</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>2036</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-04-10T23:10:31.830812600Z" />
    <EventRecordID>159013</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="3284" ThreadID="964" />
    <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational</Channel>
    <Computer>Zenbook-Prime</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-850337426-2203349989-1474542730-1000" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="AppID">BellMedia.TSN_mz4hy22j6nth0!App</Data>
    <Data Name="Result">2147944117</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 1,072 Applies to:

Hi,

I can see that you have followed all the troubleshooting steps and still the Apps are not able to connect to Internet. Try reset the computer and check,

How to restore, refresh, or reset your PC

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

What to do if you have problems with an app.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

Good luck…

Julia

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Assalamualaikum Bro!

Did your Windows 8 is patched with all Security & Performance Update through Windows Update??

• If so try restoring your system to back to the date before it started USING TRADITIONAL SYSTEM RESTORE ( The one we used in winXP, win7 ).
  • Try updating you LAN driver
  • Disable your privacy settings in PC setting.

Last thing to do is to CLEAN INSTALL of windows 8 but let me tell you one thing DONT USE YOUR MICROSOFT ACCOUNT when personalizing your setting after setup USE LOCAL ACCOUNT then after patching your system with latest update from MICROSOFT UPDATE you can use your MICROSOFT ACCOUNT . 

Hope it Helps...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.