Windows 8 limited wifi

I recently got a Samsung ATIV Book 4 which runs Windows 8. Just recently I've been having problems with my wifi connection. Every once in a while my internet will stop working and in the wifi settings my connection will have a mark saying it has "limited" connectivity. The only applications I have downloaded from the internet are Firefox, Google Chrome, and iTunes, and I've transferred my iTunes library from my old computer via an external drive. I haven't done anything heavy duty on my laptop. I've searched online and I've tried almost everything people suggest to fix this problem, but none of them are working. I've unchecked the box in the wifi settings that allows my laptop to turn off the wifi connection to save power. I've done the commands ipconfig/all, ipconfig/release, ipconfig/renew, ipconfig/flushdns in Command Prompt. I've even refreshed my laptop. There is nothing wrong with my router as I have no problem connecting to wifi on my other devices. Sometimes running diagnostics works and the problem it says my laptop has is that the default gateway is not available. I could just run diagnostics every time this problem arises, but it takes forever and it doesn't work 100% of the time. How can I fix this problem? Btw I'm not a computer person so if you could keep your answer as simple as possible it would be greatly appreciated.
Answer
Answer
it could be driver issues on the Wi-Fi adapter, or out dated hardware either one could cause signal errors, test your computer for out dated drivers first.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 554 Applies to: