Wi-fi problem post Windows 8 Upgrade

I upgraded my Laptop (Lenovo Ideapad U310) recently from Windows 7 Basic to Windows 8 Professional. Post the upgrade, I am having trouble with my wi-fi. While the device manager shows the network adapter installed and running, I am unable to turn on the wi-fi. The network adapter troubleshooter says the wi-fi capability is not turned on. If I go to wireless through the desktop charms, I get the wi-fi on/off button disabled. Please help!

PS: I referred to some other threads, but I could not find what I was looking for. Hence posting a new thread.

I upgraded my Laptop (Lenovo Ideapad U310) recently from Windows 7 Basic to Windows 8 Professional. Post the upgrade, I am having trouble with my wi-fi. While the device manager shows the network adapter installed and running, I am unable to turn on the wi-fi. The network adapter troubleshooter says the wi-fi capability is not turned on. If I go to wireless through the desktop charms, I get the wi-fi on/off button disabled. Please help!

PS: I referred to some other threads, but I could not find what I was looking for. Hence posting a new thread.

download/install latest lenovo ideapad U310 wifi driver here:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS031444

WIFI Driver (Intel, CyberTan, Liteon) for Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit, 64-bit) - IdeaPad U310, U410

WIFI Driver (Intel, CyberTan, Liteon)

http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/0wwl11w8.exe 196mb

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried to do what you said many times. Every time, the installation gets completed, and yet nothing happens. Also, while I can turn on and off my Bluetooth, the Wi-Fi remains disabled.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i faced the same problem...
uninstall the power management ...
and install the old power management and turn on the wifi using the network key provided on your keyboard....after that upgrade ur power management again...it works...i hav tried it...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 4, 2018 Views 1,059 Applies to: