Why won't my wifi connect after sleep mode?

When I close the lid on my laptop and open again my wifi will not connect unless I restart. I recently installed windows 8 and that is when the problem ensued. My laptop is a hp envy 15-3247nr with all windows 8 drivers installed and updated including bios. It doesn't matter what I try, my wifi option stays grayed out even with airplane mode off. The f12 key stays orange and will not light up until I restart my laptop once or twice. Please help.

(all drivers are updated and in working order, and yes, the power settings of the network adapter have been changed to not save power)

Question Info

Last updated September 17, 2018 Views 48,252 Applies to:
Answer

Yes, I did try the intel driver uptate utility and there was one for network drivers and windows 8 but when I tried to install it, an error message would come up saying that I didn't have the supported operating system so it could not install.

And yes, I went into the bios and set all my settings to default settings and after that point it began to work.

what I did specifically was roll back my network driver to a previous version, then I went into my bios and changed my network adapter setting to the opposite of what they were (enabled or disabled to the opposite), restarted my computer (didn't fix my computer), so then I went back into bios and reset all settings to default settings and after that point is when my wifi began to connect without having to restart my computer and so far so good.

26 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.