why java is not working in internet explorer 10 windows 8?

Java is not working on my computer. It is new computer with windows 8 and internet explorer 10. I downloaded Java and using explorer from desktop.

But every time I go on line and website requires Java I get same error message "ClassNotFoundExeption". Same error I get if I go to Java website and hit Test Java button. I tried different things that were suggested on Java.com and Microsoft.com but nothing worked. I have newest Java and did not have any problems downloading it. I appreciate any suggestions. 

Thanks,

Answer
Answer
Was the original issue ever resolved?  I still can't get Java to work and I've tried all of the above except setting up a new user account which didn't make sense.  Using Windows 8 - 64 bit, Java 32 bit and I've installed and uninstalled multiple times on the desktop.  The site I'm accessing works fine on my Windows 7 laptop and I have all the same settings in Java on both laptops.

14 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

When browsing in the Win8 App IE you can click on the Tool icon in the bottom right corner and select View on Desktop.

/Jonas

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 21, 2019 Views 30,226 Applies to: