Why doesn't Chrome work in Windows 8?

I have a nice new Acer laptop with Win8. It works fine with Internet Explorer and Firefox, but I can't use my favorite, which is Google Chrome. I installed Chrome, but I can't do a search with it - in fact, when I click the Chrome icon, I just get the Start page. Wassup with that? I tried adjusting the firewall settings to allow Chrome to do its thing, but no luck. Thanks for any insights you can provide; I really appreciate this Microsoft Community forum.
|
Answer
Answer

Hi,

It seems that, you have an issue with using Google Chrome on Windows 8, refer to the following infotmation and check the issue status.

You can import the favorites from Google Chrome to Internet Explorer, which helps you to use access Google Chrome favorites/ookmarks.

To let you know you can import the favorites from other browser like Google Chrome to Internet Explorer, so that you can access them easily from one browser. To perform the same follow these steps and check.

a) Open Internet Explorer.

b) Click the Favorites button.

c) Click the arrow next to theAdd to favorites button, and then select Import and export.

d) Put check mark for "Import from another browser".

e) Click next and follow theOnscreen directions.

You can uninstall and reinstall the Google Chrome web browser to fix the performance issue.

a) Press Windows and x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

b) Select Control Panel.

c) Select Programs and Features.

d) Double click on the program you want to uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.

If you need more help with Google Chrome web browser, you can contact Google Chrome support.

https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en

Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 22, 2019 Views 5,263 Applies to: