The wifi connection on windows 8 will turn itself off intermittently.

Original Title: wifi turns off aspire v3 atheros windows 8.

I have a brand new acer aspire v3-771g-6851 laptop. atheros ar5bwb222 wifi adapter. the wifi connection will turn itself off intermittently. windows diagnose connection program doesn't find a problem, however, the wifi connection is reestablished once it finishes detection. After some testing, I also managed to figure out that whenever the connection is lost, i can simply turn airplane mode on, then off again, in order to get the wifi adapter to turn back on and reestablish connection with my router. I have a windows 7 laptop and a macbook pro laptop that both connect to the router with no problems. I have used windows update to update the driver for the atheros card. I then went to acer's website and downloaded their latest driver and installed (release oct 2012). Still having intermittent disconnection every few minutes. Sometimes 3 minutes, sometimes 10.

I'm wondering if the atheros wifi adapter driver and windows 8 are having problems communicating. Or, could I have a defective wifi adapter? Or, is there some magical driver out there? Is this a known problem that may get fixed with SP1 for Windows 8? Recommendations?

|
Answer
Answer

Hi Sharath & Jeffrey

I had exactly the same Problems with my Acer Aspire V3-771G with Win 8 x 64 installed.

The same Driver von Atheros too.

After trying  a week and a half after working hours at home I had one last option

before sending the new Laptop back in for Services.

I went to the Acer Support side & downloaded the latest Bios update aswell as the Driver

for the Wi-Fi Adapter.

After deinstalling & installing the new Driver for the Adapter, restarted Windows and had the same

Problem as usuall , no Connection what so ever.

During the week I tried what Sharath had written but still didnt get far.

Then I asked myself, shall I or not..., . Because I was so frustrated I installed the newest Bios Update.

Windows started & whoopie it finally worked again.

I hope I could help with this message seeing there are more People out there with the same Problems. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 11, 2019 Views 11,570 Applies to: