Problem with wireless adapter or Access point

I am having problems with my wireless connection and troubelshoot tells me that I have a problem with the wireless adapter or access point. What can I do, as the internet is not the problem. Does this have something to do with my PC setting?
|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

2 years later the problem still exists. I get home with my BRAND new Acer e15 touch and I open it up and I have this issue. I can connect to youtube and it works fine. I can google stuff but when I click on the link it tells me connection times out. So I return it because windows apparently gets a virus from **** google chrome because that's the only thing I downloaded. Tech support told me I got a VIRUS. So nothing was loading even youtube stopped. Which explained the yellow symbol that said limited connectivity. So I replaced it and I got the same model and Whoopty **** doo, after 6 hours nothing connects but youtube and it seems to be heading down the same path, even though it doesn't have the yellow triangle that tells me "limited connectivity". I'm sure if I give it a week it will show up. Of course greedy **** Microsoft wants to charge me my lifes earnings to fix it. They refuse to accept that it's their fault even though I open it and immediately the problem starts. Now I know Microsoft will send a spam bot that says 

"hello" 

Try these links: "how to turn your router off then on". I tried all that ****. I tried running troubleshooting and it tells me that the connection point is wrong or something. It tells me that it fixed it. But of course it didn't. I tried reinstalling my drivers Yada Yada. If I call tech support they will make me boot up in safe mode and they will charge me money to fix it and to tell me I have a virus. Because apparently a virus can follow you to different laptops. It's not my wifi because everything works in the house even my old **** iphone 4 which is faster. I had a mac for years and it never got viruses. Oh did I mention I had an $80 mcafee security program which did the same amount of work as Microsoft trying to help me. On my mac I did work and then I read articles I did everything and never had to fix anything. On my windows laptop I spend more time posting on articles on my iPhone and calling support and running troubleshoot then doing work. **** Microsoft. 

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Sounds terrible.  I would be beyond angry too if I bought a device and the driver had ongoing issues like that.  Microsoft can't really do much to assist in those since they don't build WiFi antennas or the drivers that power them.  If your hardware manufacturer continues to ignore your pleas for help, I'd return the product and get a refund, that's ridiculous to pay good money and have a busted product.
Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet: @CmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried updating your WiFi network adapter driver? Not reinstalling it but going to the manufacturer's website for that specific driver and updating it? I know that the problem with mine (which still happens but has gotten better over time) is that the manufacturer made a driver for Windows 8 but that driver doesn't work with Windows 8.1 so when I updated most of what you described happened to me. Last I checked the manufacturer never made an update to Windows 8.1 so I'm screwed there but you might still have a chance. I know how you feel it wasn't but weeks after I got my laptop that it started having these issues. I really doubt it's a virus because like you said it won't follow you from one computer to the next unless you do something stupid and put an infected flash drive in the new computer or something like that.

Also yes, I'm sorry but Microsoft sucks in many ways. They are "the best" because they are compatible with almost any software you can find, they are compatible because they are popular. Because they are popular everyone makes a windows compatible version of the software they make and thus they are once again popular because everything works with them. In that aspect they are "the best." What people fail to realize is the never ending problems with blue screens, incompatible drivers and hardware, error codes that no one understands (even the employees), programs that work one day and then don't work the next and then work again three weeks later and no one can tell you why, among other things..... More so because they are the most popular and "the best" operating system, most viruses are made to attack windows operating systems. To add to it, Windows is a very, very, very strict closed source operating system. That means that the only people who know how windows actually works are people way up high in the chain of command in Microsoft. That is why you get all these code 000000000232131243f or whatever and you say "what the heck is this?!?!?!" and then a microsoft employee says "well you could try to fix it with this... or this.... or this..... or this.......... or this................. or this............................ or this....................." and after trying out several different solutions you *might* fix it. It's because no one actually knows what the real problem is. Don't get me wrong, I do like windows for how it is set up and how compatible it is with everything but there are many undeniable issues that Microsoft fails to take care of. They are so worried about their operating system getting out and people making duplicates or whatever that they allow the quality of their operating system to get torn to shreds.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

windows8sucksbadly it is possible for you to have transfered a virus from google chrome as if you logged in with your google account and it was attached to your account from previous browsing on google on your old computer also virus can be attached to website domains any browsing could have contracted it but doesn't nessessarly mean its a virus could be a fault adapter after all technology isit flawless half that reason being its designed to be flawed if things lasted forever company wouldn't maxiumize their profits unfortunitly companys are greedy but thats just a theory now isit it.

i have a similar problem my connectivity seems like its female hot and cold i do a repair and it says problem with router adapter repairs but 5 minutes later i do another repair and it finds a fault my computer is about a year old running windows 7 so may be a virus may be a fault with the driver and needs updating to fix the bug but when my computer does a windows update it totally packs up start getting the yellow symbol i can do a series of repairs and fiddling to get it going but if i do this a week or two later i get nothing so i do a system recovery and reset it to factory setting and it fixs the problem i have to do this every few months which is annoying i lost countless photos of my son i do not see much he lives in another state i'm devo anyway i'm thinking of trying to update my wireless adapter see how i go but theres also the thought of an intruder on my internet connection maybe changing my adapter settings on me or quite possible a virus that changes the setting or maybe its something to do with the registry or could be the router its self not sure if routers can contract a virus of some sort but anyway very annoying

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having a similar problem with Windows 10 - does anyone know of a fix for this?

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the exact same problem (except my wireless adapter manufacturer is different).  This did not start happening until I upgraded to Windows 10.  It now happens daily.  I would really like to know what the deal is with this. The only thing that has changed in my comuper's life is the Windows 10 upgrade.  I also have a laptop, but this does not happen to it.  Weird.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft fixes the problem for me every day (as this happens daily) and it does so very quickly. It advises me that there is a problem with my wireless adapter or access point.  Although I am able to get a "fix" for the problem, it bugs me.  My desktop is less than a year old (Dell Inspiron 23 Model 5348 AIO). I fear that if I am having issues with this Dell so soon after purchasing that more headaches are on the way.

I just want to understand what exactly this problem is and if it is due to the Dell Hardware.  

UPDATE:  I just went to device manager and updated the drivers for my Dell Wireless Adapter.  Hopefully, this will take care of the problem.  Wish I had thought of doing that weeks ago.  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem as reported by many users here. Actually, everything was working fine till I updated my Windows XP to Windows 10. Since then, if I the computer goes asleep after a timeout I get about 80% chances to have the WIFI down. It gets easily repaired via Troubleshoot problems but its very annoying because I need to repeat this several times a day.

I went through Windows update to check if an update was available but it wasn't the case.

What shall I do?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Don't get driver updates from Windows update... get them from the company that builds the device.  Go to whatever company built or customized the wifi driver on your PC (probably your PC manufacturer) and get the Windows 10 driver from them.

Fair warning: on a computer as old as XP, they probably don't have Windows 10 drivers for it at all. You can try your luck with the latest one they do have, but you might need new hardware.

Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet: @CmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, I have a same problem,

I have a Lenovo Y50-70, everytime I connect to a WiFi, and download something, my download speed decrasing like crazy, and if I run the troubleshooter, it will fix it, however.. I will need to do it once every some minute and will make the download interrupted

I have the latest driver ( I usually update my driver via IObit Driver Booster 3 )

I need help, pls :D

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 23, 2021 Views 345,468 Applies to: