My brand new (a week old) sony windows 8 laptop drops the wireless connection every time it goes into sleep mode.

It shows the network but won't allow me to connect to it. I click on the "help me solve the connection problem" and go to the network adapter trouble-shooter and select Wi-Fi and run the diagnostics and comes up with an error message of  "wireless service are not running." I am able to fix it manually through the troubleshooting settings but it is extremely irritating having to do that every time I open my laptop... How do I get the wireless services to run automatically?

I have checked my drivers and they are up to date... I have looked under power settings but it does not give me any option for wireless services.

Please help. I am frustrated and ready to return this laptop

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 115 Applies to:

Hi Jenna,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Based on the information you have provided, I understand that you are facing issue with wireless connection in Windows 8. I will certainly help you with this issue.

Were there any changes made to the computer prior to the issue?

Please follow the steps from the link.

Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/windows/network-connection-problem-help#network-problems=windows-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.