limited or no connectivity 3g connection windows 8 pro tablet

Hi,

I own a Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 and love it. I find the 3g data feature very useful so it doesn't drain my phone battery or tether or charge a cellular wifi hotspot.

I am frequently getting "Limited or no connectivity" error message when using it on 3g networks. I've tried 2 prepaid sims from difference providers and a post paid service from yet another provider on a different network. The providers are either not sure, blame windows or say they don't support this model tablet on their network which doesn't sound right. Lenovo don't know what to do and deny there is a problem.

In short, how do I fix this? I have a feeling it may be an APN issue as the prepaid sims did from time to time as me to confirm whether I had a prepaid or postpaid service to choose the right APN. I've not had to choose with the postpaid SIM but am still getting the limited connectivity messages - though slightly less frequently.

Is this a known problem and how can I fix it? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else.

Thanks in advance :)
Answer
Answer

Hi Wall,

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced.

I would suggest you to refer to the link and follow the troubleshooting steps given in the article:

Mobile broadband from start to finish

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/mobile-broadband-from-start-to-finish

Hope this helps. If you have any further queries/issues related to Windows, write to us and we will be glad to assist you further.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 18, 2019 Views 1,602 Applies to: