java is not working in windows 8

I cannot make Java work in either IE or Firefox under Windows 8. The verify Java screen reports no Java in IE and keeps spinning in firefox. No java programs will run. I have installed it several times and restarted the computer
Hi,

Java download page:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7u9-downloads-1859586.html

Java test page:
http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp

It works for me in the destktop version of IE and Google Chrome.

Carlos

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same problem - with desktop versions of IE, Chrome, Firefox and Opera.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey,

I had the same exact problem, however, it was related to my anti-virus program. You see Windows 8 was built differently from Windows 7, now will the ability to multi-touch and apps and junk. Now you need protection not just in Desktop mode, but in everything else as well. Apps can be coding in many different ways from what I read online.

Most anti-virus programs have certain barriers or restrictions that will prevent certain objects from passing through. Now I am a website designer and I code navigation buttons with JavaScript to give it a nice fade in/out on rollover. If Java wasn't working at all, my navigation menu would have never shown up. So I got to thinking what could be the problem then if Java appears to be work here?

Turns out it was my anti-virus restricting Java from loading APPLETS, but it could load JavaScript just fine. This maybe confusing or weird, or possibly both.

Have you tried pausing your protection or quitting your anti-virus program? If not I suggest you try this and then go to the Java verification website, http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp and see if shows up.

If the problem still persists, please let us know.

Sincerely,
Harley Frank

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank  you! That's it. I guess I'll have to contact Kaspersky

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank  you! That's it. I guess I'll have to contact Kaspersky
Hey I have the same anti-virus program. I have a work around,. Go into settings an select the forth menu item. In threats/exclusions, click exceptions - trusted applications - browse - [java folder] - the main java program in form of an exe file.
Sincerely,
Harley Frank

Sorry this didn't help.

I with the same problem

Windows 8 isn't so good

I'm thinking about the return to Windows 7 but i don't know if is it possible in my acer aspire e1

Sorry this didn't help.

Will this ever be fixed, Java here flash there, wasn't somebody supposed to be working on that, don't new cars use java...and how many billion other devices?  I suppose win8 will never be an option in those devices ? ? ?   Is that why all the cool apps that I use on the others can't be found on Win8 ? ? ?   Is this going to continue forever? 

Sorry this didn't help.

Java doesn't work Internet Explorer Modern by design as it doesn't allow any plugins and never will. If it does not work in Internet Explorer go to java site and follow instructions. Flash Player is embedded in Windows 8 and gets it's updates through Windows Update  If you follow the instructions available on the Adobe flash Page you will be able to use flash as always. As stated this is by design and is not a bug or problem.  Hope this helps and if you need further assistance post and we will be glad to help you.

The above opinion is mine and mine alone and doesn't necessarily reflect that of Microsoft, it's employees, or any other member of this forum

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 6, 2019 Views 5,622 Applies to: