• July 17, 2017
    Announcement: New site design for Microsoft Community

In July, Microsoft will roll out the first of ongoing site improvements aimed to modernize Microsoft Community and help customers get the most out of their community experience.

• During the roll out period, you may see the old or new site design depending on your location

• We expect the roll out to finish by 31 July

Note: Past private message conversations will not move to the new site design. Please save any private messages you would like to keep.

Learn more about the upcoming site improvements in this thread.

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community!

Question

Java Applets not loading in Windows 8

Harley Frank asked on

Original Title: Java 7 Update 9 Windows 8 ClassNotFoundException

Hello,

I have Windows 8 for both my laptop and my desktop and they both won't load any Java applets. I don't know what is going on here. Nothing Java related works and I have been asking around and nobody seems to know why its not working.

Sincerely,
Harley Frank
11 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
MarthaHodges replied on

I got this mail from Kaspersky and this work out for me

Hello ,

This is a known issue with java, Win8 and Kaspersky. We are working on an automated fix, but for now please try this workaround:
Open Kaspersky 2013
Click on Settings
Click on Application control
Click on Applications
Look for Oracle America (this is the java and it should be trusted already)
Open each item in that folder using double click
Under the tab Exclusions check all 5 checkbox and click OK

Kindly reply to this message if you need further assistance.

Best regards,
Nathan J

2 people found this helpful

Abuse history

Most Helpful Reply
Harley Frank replied on

Hey Guys!

I have the solution to my problem. Turns out that how Windows 8 was designed there had to be drastic changes to anti-virus programs. You need protection on the desktop as well as using the Metro interface. However, there is a drawback. Since apps can be made using visual script or java script and a few others, anything could be considered malicious.

So most anti-virus programs have coding that puts a barrier on coding if you know where I'm getting at. My problem is that Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 is blocking any form of JavaScript from loading its applets. I have contacted Kaspersky and they confirmed this.

Sincerely,
Harley Frank
5 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress