Connectify Windows 8 no internet!

I was using the program connectify to try to make a hotspot for some devices. But connectify isn't really that reliable so I tried uninstalling the program and it worked and I rebooted my PC but now my laptop won't connect to the internet! Whether I use LAN or wireless I just keep getting unidentified network error unless the program is installed onto my computer which I don't want. Is there any way to fix this because it really ticks me off that now I have to have this stupid program for my PC to function correctly.
|
Answer
Answer

Hi Adam,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums.

As per the issue description, I understand that you are unable to connect to network on Windows 8 computer.

I understand it must be frustrating, but rest assured, we are here to help you and guide you in the right direction.

You might experience network or Internet connection issues in Windows for a number of reasons. Some common issues that can cause these problems are:

a.        A wireless network adapter switch that's not enabled

b.       WEP, WPA, or WPA2 security key or passphrase issues

c.        Cables that aren't connected properly

d.       Corrupted or incompatible drivers

e.       Missing updates

f.         Network connection settings

g.        Hardware or software problems

Refer to the help article and check. This tutorial is designed to help you identify and fix problems with wired (Ethernet) and wireless (Wi-Fi) network connections in Windows.

Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/network-connection-problem-help#network-problems=windows-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this helps. If the issue persists or any Windows related queries, please get back to us. We are here to assist you.

Regards,
Anil

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 3,276 Applies to: