Can't find or open the Windows 8 internet explorer browser.

Just started using windows 8.

The Internet explorer browser tile is missing from start screen or all apps screen. I have searched, checked all apps and opened file explorer, but cannot find it.

It was there, available and working fine. I thought I might have lost it while moving apps.

I did add the stardock start menu, but am not sure if that effected it.

Can you help me add it back to the start menu, and is it possible to add a shortcut to the windows 7 start screen?

Windows explorer in the windows 7 start screen works fine.

|
Answer
Answer

"Open the Search Charm, type Internet Explorer and when it comes up, right click on it and choose  Pin to start menu."

Internet Explorer is recognized as an app, but when I select it, it does not "connect" to the internet.

Internet Explorer works from the Desktop, but not from any of the apps, including the IE10 App.

Thank you for your answer (and also mlg63.)

I believe I tried that, and it didn't work. I also tried many many other different types of restores. Although I was reluctant to use a command, I was about to give up, so I finally  tried it. This immediately returned the app to the app start page with apparently no adverse effects (so far). Hopefully this will help others that have had no success.

Restore windows explorer metro app

C:\Windows\System32\ie4uinit.exe -UserIconConfig

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/bring-missing-internet-explorer-tile-windows-8

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 17, 2019 Views 17,603 Applies to: