Cant connect to routerlogin.net

Hello, 

I recently accidentally messed up my netgear wnr1000 router. I checked the "remote management" box by accident and then my internet wont work.
So i rearranged some ethernet cables plugged into the router and finally got internet. But these cables arnt arranged the proper way. I need to get to routerlogin.net to change to settings back. But the way i have my router configured now, it wont let me get to this site. I even tried to get there using an IP, but that failed. So right now i have internet, but i cant reach my router settings. And when i have the ethernet cables plugged into the router the proper way, i have no internet. When I troubleshoot this is says: "Wifi does not have a valid ip configuration" I have no clue what to do.

Help appreciated 
Answer
Answer
How do i do this? the reset button on the back? if so i tried that and no change.

Then you did not follow the directions on how to do it.  Time to read the manual (page 4 [8 of 48]).
.-
Shenan Stanley
MVP 2005-2011 & 2013-2015
Insider MVP 2016-
.-

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Hello, 

I recently accidentally messed up my netgear wnr1000 router. I checked the "remote management" box by accident and then my internet wont work.
So i rearranged some ethernet cables plugged into the router and finally got internet. But these cables arnt arranged the proper way. I need to get to routerlogin.net to change to settings back. But the way i have my router configured now, it wont let me get to this site. I even tried to get there using an IP, but that failed. So right now i have internet, but i cant reach my router settings. And when i have the ethernet cables plugged into the router the proper way, i have no internet. When I troubleshoot this is says: "Wifi does not have a valid ip configuration" I have no clue what to do.

Help appreciated 

Reset the Netgear box to defaults and start over.
.-
Shenan Stanley
MVP 2005-2011 & 2013-2015
Insider MVP 2016-
.-

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 21, 2019 Views 3,086 Applies to: