Can't connect to OPEN Wifi network that requires confirmation of terms in a login page

I tried to connect to the Open Wifi network that requires the confirmation of terms in login page using the IE of my Windows 8 tablet pc.  As the login page did not pop up so I had no way to check the confirmation resulting the failure of using the wifi network.  Is there any way to force the connection to the login page?  Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated February 20, 2019 Views 99,117 Applies to:
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query here in Microsoft Community.

This issue might have caused due to any third party security software or firewall. I would like to which security software firewall is installed on your computer?

Disable Windows firewall temporarily and check if the issue persists. If you are using any third party firewall then you may try disabling that as well. This is to check if the issue is caused due to any firewall related issue or not.

Refer to the following Microsoft Help article to disable Windows Firewall.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-firewall-from-start-to-finish

Note: Refer to the section "Turn Windows Firewall on or off" in the following Microsoft Help article to disable Windows Firewall. The steps apply to Windows 10 Technical Preview as well.

Disclaimer: Disable Antivirus\Firewall temporarily and then check for the issue. Sometime they might conflict. Please make sure that you enable the antivirus software\firewall after performing the test to keep your computer protected.

If this issue is specific to any webpage, then you will have to contact the Internet Service Provider as Karthik Vengaloor mentioned in his response.

Please reply with the status of the issue so that we can help you better.

Basith M
- Forum Moderator (Multiple Forums)

151 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.